When an organization is tasked with innovating, where do you start and how do you get there? Join Kinetica Ventures for a discussion on how disruption impacts business and learn how to unlock new growth quickly.Discover skills and the mindset needed to shift innovation from being a buzzword to being the tool that transforms your career and business. It will include customer-centric approaches to innovation that can minimize business risk.
Shifting the focus of innovation to value creation and speed-based business model thinking can swing your company ahead of disruption. Kinetica works with companies large and small to accelerate innovation.
- Explore what innovation really means, and disruptive versus incremental approaches.
- Business model thinking and LEAN innovation for teams.
- What is intrapreneurship and lessons from the start-up world including best practices such as business model thinking, lean startup, value propositions.
- “3 Horizons” of business-focused innovation, rather than technology focus.
- Why market testing and “getting out of the office” is so important, and approaches for doing it low-cost and quickly.
- Kinetica’s agile Innovation Sprint methodology to drive team-based Idea Generation and guided customer discovery, including client success stories.
- Time for open Q&A and discussion.
Kinetica Ventures is a one-of-a-kind technology accelerator, and the only organization in Alberta to do comprehensive innovation de-risking and commercialization for the energy and clean tech sectors. We guide entrepreneurs and enterprises in commercializing innovation that will power a thriving sustainable economy.
Kinetica Ventures is the bridge for technology developers to connect with industry and move toward product adoption. We work with entrepreneurs to accelerate success by:
- Connecting you with potential clients, strategic partners and funders
- Guiding you through evidence-based insights into your corporate strengths and gaps
- Accessing market intelligence to hone your value proposition, business model and
- Growth strategy
- Providing startup and industry experts to guide you through product development,
- Customer acquisition and investor readiness
- Referrals to corporate development services such as marketing strategy, accounting,
- Legal services and lab and office space
Kinetica Ventures is the bridge between the energy industry and entrepreneurs. We work with you and the most promising technology developers to help solve your leading challenges through:
- Innovation Workshops & Sprints – to make innovation practical and effective
- Innovation Strategy & Guidance – to unlock growth and leverage new ideas
- Solution Scouting – to identify emerging solutions for your innovation challenges and gaps.
- Accelerators for Enterprises – work with entrepreneurs that have real potential
Presenter(s): Kinetica Ventures, Technology Accelerator
- Aatif Baskanderi, P. Eng., Commercialization Manager
- Carrie Fanai, P. Eng., Manager, Business Development & Technology Collaboration
Who Should Attend:
Leaders, Managers and Directors of:
- Technology Development
- Corporate Development
- Business Development
Carrie Fanai, P.Eng.
Manager, Business Development & Technology Collaboration
11:45 AM – Registration and Lunch
12:00 PM – Presentation and Discussion
1:00 PM – Adjournment
Pre-Event Fee (before noon January 23)
PTAC Member: Free
Non-Member: $50.oo +GST
PTAC Member: $25.00 +GST
Non-Member: $75.00 +GST