- Geometric Energy Corporation (GEC) is exploring the potential for coupling a proprietary solar photovoltaic module, Lumenarx, into energy industry operations, specifically oil and gas to create a hybrid system with the goal of offsetting diesel fuel or natural gas usage in electric generators. The hybrid system would be most useful in the off-grid operative zones, and would consist of an array of photovoltaic modules backed up by traditional diesel generators.Lumenarx is a scalable, low-concentrated photovoltaic (LCPV) unit that arranges existing photovoltaic cells into a structure to increase the total power output. The device, optimized by in-house software, uses mirrors to collect and concentrate solar rays onto downward-facing photovoltaic cells. For maximum performance, Lumenarx is used in conjunction with a dual-axis tracking system.Lumenarx does not require specialized manufacturing techniques, and is designed to be used off-grid. It has a competitive payback period and increased power output over both flat fixed-angle and dual-axis tracking photovoltaic cells. Manufacturing cost estimates for Lumenarx are around $3.00 per watt, with an expected 2-year shorter payback period when compared to a flat panel system.
Samuel Reid, President and CEO, Geometric Energy Corporation
Geometric Energy Corporation (GEC) is a research and development (R&D) firm focusing on sustainable distributed energy resource systems. GEC was incorporated in the summer of 2015 with the intention of commercializing sustainable energy technology solutions. Having expanded to over 20 personnel and opened company offices in Q1 2016, GEC plans on commercializing our technologies throughout 2017. We have two primary divisions, a photovoltaic systems engineering division and an electrochemical R&D division. A primary motive of GEC is to assist the energy industry in offsetting the multitude of costs, both financial and political, associated with electricity generation in off-grid operations.
Who Should Attend
Engineers, specialists, directors, managers working in oil and gas projects from:
– Oil & gas companies
– Civil Engineering companies
– Engineering and construction companies
– Companies with any off-grid operations
– Petroleum technology developers
– Experienced professionals interested in learning about new technologies
11:30 AM Registration and Lunch Opens
12:00 PM Presentation and Discussion
1:00 PM Adjournment
PTAC Member – Free
Non-Member – $50.00
PTAC Member – $25.00
Non-Member – $75.00
*Unsure as to whether your organization is a PTAC member? Have a look at current member listing.