Over the past 50 years, the UK oil and gas industry has extracted more than 43 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe). The UK North Sea remains an exciting play with an estimated 10 to 20 billion boe of oil still to be recovered. Building on this history and the depth of experience that exists, the basin is being revitalised and needs innovative ideas to accelerate change.
Considerable progress has already been made to improve the competitiveness of the UK North Sea through the implementation of the Wood Review, the focused work of the Oil & Gas Authority, industry dedication and the favourable taxation changes. While production costs and unit operating costs are down and production efficiency has increased, there is a strong drive to continue advances in these areas and further revitalize the basin.
The UK has technology demands for economically efficient EOR, digital transformation, decommissioning, well construction, small pools and asset integrity. To encourage and support the adoption of technology, the UK has some world leading technology programs.
This presentation will provide an overview of:
- The current state of the industry and what has been done to improve its global competitiveness and future prospects
- Technology needs and gaps
- Technology development programs and support to get innovative products to market
Who Should Attend?
Leaders of companies with disruptive technologies and novel approaches that reduce costs, improve efficiency and address industry problems from a new perspective.
Also, leaders, managers and directors of:
- Global business strategy
- Technology companies specialized in EOR, digital technologies, decommissioning, well construction, small pools and asset integrity
- Corporate and/or business development
- Investors specializing in offshore oil and gas investments
Pre-Event Fee (before noon March 20)
PTAC Member: Free
Non-Member: $50.oo +GST
PTAC Member: $25.00 +GST
Non-Member: $75.00 +GST